|School-Based Fees per Year|
|Resource & Subject Fees Yr7-10 (per student)||$999.00|
|Resource & Subject Fees Yr11-12 (per student)||$1080.00|
|Activity Fee Yr7 (per student)||$228.00|
|Activity Fee Yr8 (per student)||$195.00|
|Activity Fee Yr9 (per student)||$189.00|
|Activity Fee Yr10 (per student)||$273.00|
|Activity Fee Yr11 (per student)||$174.00|
|Activity Fee Yr12 (per student)||$132.00|
|Overnight Excursion (Camp) Yr7 (per student)||$345.00|
|Overnight Excursion (Retreat) Yr11 (per student)||$207.00|
|Family Levy (per family)||$198.00|
|Trade Training Centre Levy (as applicable)||$513.00|
Resource & Subject Fee
This fee helps meet the costs of administration of the school and the provision of resources for use by students and includes:
- Provision and support for the school’s Information Technology resources including computers, software, license fees, internet, updating network infrastructure equipment, network management and maintenance and other technology for the use in a variety of subjects.
- Paper, printing, stationery and mailing costs.
- Provision of text books and resources for temporary use by students.
- School newsletter and other school publications.
- Resources/equipment acquired by the school for use by teachers and students (eg. Library, sport, various equipment and curriculum resources).
- Diary for each student.
- eBooks/eLearning for each student.
- Provision of careers’ advice and resources to students.
- Implementation of school-based Pastoral Care programs for students.
- Australasian Schools’ Competition costs for various subjects & year groups.
- Maintenance and replacement of classroom furniture.
- Student I.D cards.
- Provision of the school’s Pastoral Care Program.
The fees are associated with the costs for students attending subject excursions, pastoral days and other school approved excursions/incursions for the whole year group. y.
The Family Contribution Levy is the sole means of fundraising and is charged per family.
Trade Training Centre Levy
An additional fee for purchase of resource and equipment that must meet industry requirements for the delivery of training in competencies and costs associated with the maintenance or replacement of equipment. This is billed in Terms 1-3.
Note: All fees are subject to change for the 2019 school year.
Payment of Fees
Itemised accounts are sent out three times a year, at the beginning of Terms 1, 2 and 3, and payment is due within 30 days. Prompt attention to these accounts would be appreciated. The Flexible Payment Plan is offered as an alternative for families to pay their annual fees weekly, fortnightly or monthly over a six month period from March to August. Any application for special consideration, for example, payment by instalments throughout the year, needs to be approved by the Principal. This can be done by telephone, in writing, or by arranging an interview, or by informing the Finance Secretary.
It is appreciated that School Fees are a large outlay for each family. However, the Catholic system of schools can only survive because of the generous support of parents and we have an obligation to collect these fees, to ensure that the costs involved are met adequately.
Payments of fees can be made via the Payment Envelope System and the facilities we have for payment of fees is:
- Australia Post BPay
- Cheque or Money Order
- Credit Card
- Direct Debit
When fees or other payments are sent to the school with students, please ensure they are in a sealed envelope which is clearly marked with the student’s name, Homeroom and the purpose of the payment. This envelope should then be handed into the office as soon as the student arrives at school. Envelopes are available at the office for this purpose.
If you require any further information concerning school fees please contact McCarthy College by email or phone on 4728 8100 weekdays between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm.